Monday, March 30, 2009





    You all know how I feel about iTunes, iPods, and all things Apple. Well, further to that, I wanted to gush for a moment about podcasts. While not everyone should have one, anyone can, so that means there can be a lot to wade through. National Public Radio, however, provides some really great ones, from features on writers and personalities to live music. Obnoxiously well-read hosts and interviewers notwithstanding, these are the podcasts I tend to go for.

    I recently snagged the live concert and interview they did with Antony Hegarty (and the Johnsons) in February and it's amazing. Not only are podcasts free, but they're generally quite high quality. So, for nothing, you're getting a live concert album that wouldn't be released for commercial consumption. Marvelous!

    Using Adobe SoundBooth, I imported the large, uncut, nearly-two-hour MP3 file and chopped it up into tracks, faded in, faded-out, the whole nine yards. I tossed together some album art and everything. Please enjoy.

    Download:
    Antony and the Johnsons

    No comments:

    Post a Comment