Monday, April 13, 2009





    So, obviously I'm on a bit of a Bat for Lashes kick.  If you hurry up and snag her new album, you might see why.  

    She recently made an appearance on BBC Radio 1 and performed two songs; the first, a great laptop version of her single "Daniel" and a surprise cover of the Kings of Leon hit "Use Somebody".  I haven't blogged about it, but I dig their album, Only by the Night - It's not typically a genre I'd reach for, but there's something about the quality and integrity with which these dudes from the southern US approach their cock-rock that works for me.  It's got swagger, but not the Chad Kroeger kind.  Natasha Khan's version is fairly loyal to the original, though interesting to hear it from a female perspective.  I like that she's sticking her neck out on something so commercial, so American, and so current - A smart marketing move, if nothing else.  Enjoy!


    1 comment: